Curtains and Drapes
Curtains and drapes in a home provide privacy, shade, interior design accents, and an effective way to reduce heating and cooling costs. However, while you probably open and close them every day, you are probably overlooking the fact that from time to time they need cleaning. With professional Curtain and Drape cleaning from Churchill Dry Cleaners, you don’t have to worry about tackling this difficult task yourself, making your life easier and keeping your home interior looking beautiful.
Reasons for Curtain and Drape Cleaning
Though curtains and drapes can appear clean to the naked eye, they are often dirtier than you realise. Here are some good reasons to consider cleaning your curtains and drapes:
- Allergen reduction – Curtains and drapes trap a large amount of allergens, pollen, mould, insects and other pollutants that can compromise the air quality in your home.
- Remove dust – Even if you don’t have pets in your home, dirt and dust accumulate in curtains and drapes which gets circulated back into the air whenever you open or close them.
- Maintain appearance – With proper cleaning of your curtains and drapes, they maintain their desired appearance. Drapes, Roman shades, and curtains are all part of the decor of a room and keeping their pattern, texture, and colour looking its best compliments your interior design.
- Longevity – With regular, professional curtain and drape cleaning, you improve the longevity of your curtain and drape fabrics. You also prevent them from having a dirty and unkempt appearance.
Spring and summer are notorious for bringing with them excessive amounts of dust and pollen, both of which readily cling to the curtains and drapes in your home. Keeping them clean avoids irritating allergic reactions throughout your house.
Cleaning reduces build-up of allergens like dust mites, animal hair and dander, which may offer some relief to those with allergies such as asthma.
Prevent discoloration – The act of opening and closing your curtains can deposit natural oils from your skin onto the fabric, which attracts more dust and can lead to discolouration without regular cleaning.
Importance of hiring professional cleaners
While at first you may consider taking your curtains and drapes down and washing them yourself, you might do more harm than good. If you don’t know the material of your window treatments and/or don’t know how to wash them properly, you can damage the drapes or curtains and make it impossible to re-hang them. Important reasons to use Churchill Dry Cleaners to carry out your cleaning include:
- Proper methods – Churchill Dry Cleaners understand all the proper methods for cleaning various materials. Some curtains and drapes are safe enough to launder in our large capacity machines but others require dry-cleaning.
- No shrinking – If you wash your curtains and drapes yourself, apart from forcing them into your small capacity, domestic washing machine, you risk shrinking them. Our specialist team is knowledgeable on the correct way to wash materials such as wool, silk or cotton, and they know how to care for lined drapes as well. Many curtains and drapes are made from mixed materials or incorporate embroidery. Shrinkage in even a small part of the material will noticeably damage the finish and appearance.
- Embellishment consideration – Curtains and drapes with decorative embellishments such as crystals, tassels, or other trim are fragile and won’t survive normal laundering. Our professional cleaning services treat them with the utmost care to ensure that everything stays in one piece and nothing snags or rips.
When you use Churchill Dry Cleaners for professional cleaning of your curtains and drapes, you receive a high-quality, experienced service that’s convenient for your schedule. Contact us to discover how we can help you maintain the beauty of your home’s interior.